Re: Can someone adapt M-x report-emacs-bug for GNATS?

From: Evgeny Roubinchtein
Subject: Re: Can someone adapt M-x report-emacs-bug for GNATS?
Date: 13 Nov 2001 23:30:38 -0800

    RMS> Here is the shell script that GNU libc uses for sending mail
    RMS> to GNATS.  Could someone please volunteer to adapt
    RMS> report-emacs-bug to send the appropriate information to work
    RMS> with GNATS?  This is very important.  Some of you have
    RMS> expressed interest in various large projects that tickle your
    RMS> fancy; would you please consider working on this instead?

I would like a shot at it, unless someone is already working on this.

I am not sure I understand the objective, though: should "M-x
report-emacs-bug" be modified to generate an email message in the same
format as the shell script you had attached?

If so, would it be reasonable to use the widget package for the "ui"
(since there's essentially a form for users to fill out?)

I am not clear on what relation, if any, this has to the send-pr
function defined in the gnats.el file distributed with GNATS.