Re: table.el

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: table.el
Date: 04 Dec 2001 10:14:30 +0900

> 3. Establish a convention that the user should write the outside
> function name, quoted, as the second element of WRAPPER-FORM.
>
> It is be useful to be able to test the function name, so I think 3 is
> best.

I suspect that if this is done, people will sometimes want to pass
_another_ name to `with-wrapper-mumble', for instance:

(defun kill-region (beg end)
  ...do some preprocessing...
  (with-wrapper-mumble (kill-region-wrapper-hook 'kill-region-helper beg end)
    ...do main stuff...))

where `kill-region-helper' is used if there are any wrappers, and ...do
main stuff... is used otherwise (perhaps it will just call
kill-region-helper too).

Should such usage be discouraged?  If wrappers actually test the value
of the passed function name, then such usage might be relevant.

-Miles
--
Would you like fries with that?