Re: storing mouse-movement events in recent-keys and keyboard macros

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: storing mouse-movement events in recent-keys and keyboard macros
Date: 06 Dec 2001 22:24:55 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

> On 6 Dec 2001, Kim F. Storm wrote:
>
> > Could be, but I don't find the following output from C-h l very useful:
> >
> > <mouse-movement> <mouse-movement> <mouse-movement>
> > <mouse-movement> <mouse-movement> <mouse-movement>
> > <mouse-movement> <mouse-movement> <mouse-movement>
>
> Perhaps we could modify "C-h l" to report identical events in a more
> compact fashion, e.g., like we do in the *Messages* buffer.

That would be one possibility, but it doesn't solve the problem
that the recent-keys list is easily filled with mouse-movement events
when tooltip-gud-tips-p is enabled.

Maybe it would be sufficient (for debugging) to store just the last of
a series of mouse movement event on the same window (i.e. replace the
last event in recent-keys if it is also a mouse-movement event in the
same window).