Re: printing.el v6.6.3

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: printing.el v6.6.3
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 00:15:25 -0700 (MST)

    Some users complained about maintaining printing initializations on several
    plataforms, that is, a user running Emacs on Windows and GNU/Linux.  The
idea
    was to minimize variable settings, specially settings of commands.

I understand.  But a package such as printing should not try to make
extensions in other aspects of Emacs that are not specifically for
printing.  It should stick to the usual conventions.  If people think
we should extend those conventions, well maybe we should, but we should
do it generally and not as part of printing.el.