Re: minicolor.el --- place a face on the minibuffer prompt

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: minicolor.el --- place a face on the minibuffer prompt
Date: 20 Dec 2001 06:32:01 +0900

address@hidden (Kevin A. Burton) writes:
> My suggestion is to:
>
> Create a face named minibuffer-prompt-face which is just bold by default.
>
> Set minibuffer-prompt-properties to ue this face.
>
> This way users can just customize the minibuffer-prompt-properties without
> creating a new face (which is hard to do from customization).

Even if it's desirable to make a new face so that users can e.g. make
their prompt green or something, there's no reason to turn it on by
default.

That is, the customization for `minibuffer-prompt-properties' can have a
`Face' checkbox, which defaults to using this face (whichever face `this
face' should be), but with the checkbox turned off by default.

[I think this is what you may have intended to say, though.]

-Miles
--
Yo mama's so fat when she gets on an elevator it HAS to go down.