Re: Fullscreen patch.

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Fullscreen patch.
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2002 23:09:16 -0700 (MST)

    However, many window managers don't just intersect one window between
    clients and the root window.  So the new code traversers up the
    containment tree until it hits the root window.  The window before that
    is the outer window manager window (this is the for-loop).

    Then XGetGeometry gets the real coordinates for that window in real_x
    and real_y.

    After that we translate coordinates from real_x, real_y to what they
    are in emacs window.  Since the real_x and real_y are outside emacs window,
    win_x and win_y is negative.  -win_x and -win_y is the size of the
    window manager decorations.

This is clear.  Would you please put this into comments in the code of
x_real_positions?  Comments like that, explaining the overall logic of
a function and why it is the right way to do the job, are very
important.

    I will rework the patch and address all your comments.

Thanks.