Re: disable-command

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: disable-command
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 09:59:01 -0500

> 2002-01-27  Eli Zaretskii  <address@hidden>
>
>       * novice.el (disable-command): If user-init-file is nil, default
>       to ~/.emacs.

Be careful with this: the variable is also nil when emacs is started
with `-q' in which case we might not want to write to ~/.emacs.

Also I have made a change so that this variable is set
to ~/.emacs even if there's no ~/.emacs file (following the general
principle that a non-exitent file is somewhat equivalent to an
empty file).  This change was not made in the RC branch, tho.

So user-init-file should now (on the trunk) mean "started with -q".

        Stefan