Re: Command remapping and the delete-frame problem.

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: Command remapping and the delete-frame problem.
Date: 24 Feb 2002 01:41:11 +0100

>     Are you now saying that remapping should have been implemented
>     using a specific `command' prefix like this:
>
>           (define-key map [command command1] 'command2)
>
> I am not sure about that.  I was talking about what should go in the
> keymap data structure.

I have just reworked my original patch for command remapping to use
a `remap' prefix-key for command remapping:

            (define-key map [remap command1] 'command2)

Please read the updated section in NEWS.

This removes the ambiguity between commands and event symbols,
and it has the added bonus of removing some of the limitations
on the previous implementation.  Specifically, a command can now be
remapped into anything accepted by define-key (not just another
command).  I think the new method is much cleaner.