Re: UDP/DNS in Emacs

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: UDP/DNS in Emacs
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2002 02:57:08 -0800 (PST)

> From: "Eli Zaretskii" <address@hidden>
> Date: Fri, 05 Apr 2002 13:02:26 +0300
>
> All I can say is that to me, this blacklisting sounds akin to racism:

Umm, let's not go overboard here.

I don't read most of the physical mail that comes in over my doorstep.
Most of the time I don't even read the return addresses on the
envelopes.  This policy does cause some problems for me, but all
things considered it's better for me than wasting time actually
reading the stuff.

I think it's a bit of a stretch to call my policy "akin to racism".
On the contrary, I wish I could use a semiautomated blacklist
procedure on my physical mail, so that I could read it more
efficiently, and miss fewer important pieces of mail.  Like most
people, I'm not wealthy enough to afford a personal secretary.

I don't think everybody should use my policy, but I think it's
appropriate for many non-wealthy people who get too much mail and have
too many other things to do.

(Now, if I could only do my _taxes_ the same way.  :-)