Re: Improving communication between GNU Emacs and XEmacs

From: Per Abrahamsen
Subject: Re: Improving communication between GNU Emacs and XEmacs
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 17:51:05 +0200

> Since we cannot use the code in XEmacs for lack of legal papers from
> the authors (and even records about who the authors were), there is
> not much possibility for cooperation with you to be useful for us.

Even without code sharing, we can share programming interfaces.  I
can't speak for "us", but that would be useful me.

> In order for code to be available to you and to us, it has to start
> from the code in Emacs (or else from zero).

Lots of code developed for XEmacs start from "zero", or from code
developed by people who have signed papers.  Some of it would probably
be more likely to be useful in Emacs, if Emacs developers gave input
to it early in the design process.