Re: PRIMARY selection doesn't work

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: PRIMARY selection doesn't work
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 09:48:43 +0300 (IDT)

On Fri, 12 Apr 2002, Michael Kifer wrote:

> > Please tell what happens when you try both calling
> > x-get-selection-internal and pasting into xterm.  Do you get garbage
> > or nothing at all?
>
> Nothing gets pasted.
>
> > Also, can you recall when was the previous time you resynced with the
> > CVS?  (I'm trying to figure out what changes could have caused this.)
>
> I think about 2-3 weeks ago.

I cannot spot any change in the logs that could affect this.  I'm
probably missing something.  Unfortunately, I also don't have access to a
system with both X and the CVS version of Emacs.

Does this still happen with the current CVS?  If it does, could you
please see what does (x-selection-exists-p 'PRIMARY) return?  Also, does
x_handle_selection_request (defined on xselect.c) get called when you
paste into another X application, and if so, could you step with a debugger
through it and see what happens inside x_handle_selection_request and its
subroutines that prevents pasting from working?