Re: The minibuffer vs. Dialog Boxes (Re: Making XEmacs be more up-to-dat

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: The minibuffer vs. Dialog Boxes (Re: Making XEmacs be more up-to-date)
Date: 21 Apr 2002 11:10:29 +0900

Hrvoje Niksic <address@hidden> writes:
> > The lack of a command to go to a named buffer is irrelevant; doing
> > that involves so much typing I'd rather select it from the menu.
>
> De gustibus...  In my case, "much typing" is tempered by the fact that
> you have completion, probably the best UI invention pushed by
> Unix-like systems.

Indeed; I rarely type more than 2-3 characters of a buffer name when
switching to it with C-x b, and I usually have _lots_ of buffers...

It's the sort of thing that may seem very annoying and inconvenient to
someone that doesn't use it, but once you've used it for a while, you
realize, it's really not.

-Miles
--
`...the Soviet Union was sliding in to an economic collapse so comprehensive
 that in the end its factories produced not goods but bads: finished products