Re: Customize fringe

From: Simon Josefsson
Subject: Re: Customize fringe
Date: Sun, 12 May 2002 11:51:59 +0200

On Sunday 12 May 2002 06:49, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> On Sun, 12 May 2002, Simon Josefsson wrote:
> > > IMO it is a bad idea to remove the left fringe in e.g. C buffers, as
> > > it is used by gdb-mode if you debug that C program/module.
> >
> > gdb-mode moves the point as well, if I recall correctly.
>
> But what if the user disables the cursor in non-selected windows?

The point is still moved, isn't it?   There are many nonsensical
customizations possible, does it really make sense to detect them and do
something clever?  FWIW, I wouldn't have any problem with no fringe and no
visible cursor, as gud-mode recenter the display when the breakpoint hits and
from there I can remember how many (3-4 max) 'n' I typed and look at the
right line, until it recenters again.