Re: Please pretest Emacs 21.3

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: Please pretest Emacs 21.3
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 08:51:05 +0200

On 12 Jun 2002 10:32:11 +0100, Jason Rumney <address@hidden> wrote:

> What is the actual bug that this causes?  I didn't see any mention of
> incorrect characters or fonts being displayed, or characters not
> being displayed at all as a result of this change in behavior.

On my machine, with -q --no-site-file and no display-specific resource
in HKLM\SOFTWARE\GNU\Emacs (I mean, no Emacs.Font, Emacs.Fontset-X,
Emacs.Geometry, etc.).

(insert (w32-select-font)) =>

-outline-Courier New-normal-r-normal-normal-13-97-96-96-c-*-iso10646-1

Copy&paste that into HKLM\S\G\E\Emacs.Font

emacs -q --no-site-file

The splash screen appears. If I do anything at all that causes a
redisplay (moving or resizing the frame, minimizing and restoring it,
whatever), the display is garbled.

I'm including a .jpg image of what I get.

                                                           /L/e/k/t/u