Re: Tramp: how to handle make-symbolic-link?

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: Re: Tramp: how to handle make-symbolic-link?
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 22:28:49 +0200

>     (make-symbolic-link "/address@hidden:/path/to/target"
> "/address@hidden:/path/to/source")
>
> This should work, and make a link that says /path/to/target.
>
>     (make-symbolic-link "/address@hidden:/path/to/target"
> "/address@hidden:/path/to/source")
>
> It would be ok for this to work, exactly like
>
>     (make-symbolic-link "/address@hidden:/path/to/target"
> "/address@hidden:/path/to/source")
>
> However, it would be ok for it to get an error instead.
>
>     (make-symbolic-link "/address@hidden:/path/to/target"
> "/this/is/a/local/source")
>
> This should get an error.

Except for the last one (where I don't know the behavior) I've
implemented these.  If the user/host for source and target of the link
are different, I just ignore the user/host component of the target.

Hm.  I guess that there will be some cryptic error message from the
innards of Tramp for the last one...

kai