Tramp/Ange-FTP filename unification

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: Tramp/Ange-FTP filename unification
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 22:43:51 +0200

I think I've now done it so that it works.  The new filename format
is this:

Normal:
    /method:address@hidden:/path/to/file
Multi-hop:
    /multi:hopm1:address@hidden:hopm2:address@hidden:/path/to/file

In the normal filename format, the method and user are optional.

In the multi-hop format, all methods must be given, both the initial
"multi" or "multiu" which decides between base64 and uuencode, and
the hop methods hopm1, ..., hopmK.

What's currently unclean is that Ange-FTP adds its stuff to
file-name-handler-alist and then Tramp removes it again.  This is the
next step I want to do: just comment out the code in Ange-FTP which
adds to file-name-handler-alist and disable the removing code in
Tramp.

kai