Re: Small Perl job for Tramp: base64 encoding/decoding

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: Re: Small Perl job for Tramp: base64 encoding/decoding
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2002 22:38:29 +0200

Steve Kemp <address@hidden> writes:

>   There's a uudecode sample included in all the modern distributions of
>  Perl.  On my Debian GNU/Linux system it's located in:
>
>       /usr/share/doc/perl/examples/uudecode

That's good to know.  But where is uuencode?  And the filename
suggests that it will be in wildly differing locations on other
systems.  So it will be difficult to find with the autodetection code.

Or are you suggesting that I incorporate the code found there in
Tramp?  Then the copyright would have to be assigned.  [time passes]
Oh, the whole file is only 15 lines.  So what do I do?

Ah, it's not so difficult to write the encoders and decoders in
Perl.  Now I have to figure out how to integrate those in Tramp.

Thanks,
kai