Re: IRC client for Emacs

From: Noah Friedman
Subject: Re: IRC client for Emacs
Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2002 16:06:10 -0700 (PDT)

>ERC has some extra features over ZenIRC like colour display as well as the
>possibility to display a separate info buffer for every channel.

Yes, those are the top 2 missing features in zenirc that need to be
addressed.  There are modules that implement these which people have
contributed, but they still have a bunch of corner cases that I need to
debug.

I don't know if ERC has been internationalized, but zenirc has a
a few localization catalogs already.

I'll take a look at ERC in the next few days and see how they differ in
more detail.