Re: INFO on add-ons

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: INFO on add-ons
Date: 04 Sep 2002 10:18:27 +0900

"Robert J. Chassell" <address@hidden> writes:
>     Ugh!  What's the 'in' thing now?  Didn't the GNU project /invent/ Info?
>
> The GNU Project centered on Texinfo, which is a markup language that
> enables you to generate from a single source file, output files for:

I think this is a terminology problem; most of the time when someone
says `write an info file', they really _mean_ `write a texinfo file'.
Because info files are never written in any other way, people often
seem to treat the terms as interchangeable.

I know that originally (in the days of the original emacs) there
actually were info files, but texinfo hadn't been invented yet; how did
people write info files then (by hand?!)?

-Miles
--
I have seen the enemy, and he is us.  -- Pogo