Re: doctor.el and // and $

From: Sacha Chua
Subject: Re: doctor.el and // and $
Date: 06 Sep 2002 08:33:15 +0800

>     BTW, how does one "normally" get to see doctor-rms etc. in action?
>     (other than typing M-: (doctor-rms) ?
> I don't know how the program works.  Does anyone here know?

One would think that all one has to do is M-x doctor RET
and mention anything with the keywords "rms" or "stallman" in it.
For example:

"Can we talk about Stallman?"

"Do you know Stallman?"

Then it proceeds to talk about Stallman-related topics. I feel that
stallmanlst is rather small, though. ;) All it has is

(($ describe) your ($ feelings-about) him \.)
(($ areyou) a friend of Stallman \?)
(($ bother) Stallman is ($ random-adjective) \?)
(($ ibelieve) you are ($ afraidof) him \.)

Maybe "linux" without "gnu" should also bring up doctor-rms, and
stallmanlst should also have entries about free software and open
source software...

You could even have it hunt through your packages for nonfree
stuff and ask

(($ bother) you have non-free software on your system?)

and things like that. ;) Or it would check your fstab, partition
table, lilo.conf or boot.lst, figure out that you're dualbooting
Microsoft Windows, and say something about that too.. <grin>

It's all good, right? =) Sorry, couldn't resist.
--
Sacha Chua <address@hidden> - 4 BS CS Ateneo geekette
interests: emacs, gnu/linux, wearables, teaching compsci