Re: [cvs] bug when using pc-selection-mode/transient-mark-mode

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: [cvs] bug when using pc-selection-mode/transient-mark-mode
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 13:26:37 -0400

    I can't figure out how exactly to reproduce the problem because it doesn't
    manifest as soon as I start emacs. I've tried going through all the
    motions I usually do (invoking different autloads through buffers/files,
    compiling, autorevert, etc.) in case something autoloads globally.  All I
    can say (I know this isn't much use, sorry) is that after having edited
    for a while the selection-deactivation behavior starts.

In that case, I think only you are in a position to debug it.
You could put (if debugging (debug)) into the code in simple.el
that deactivates the mark, and set debugging to t when you want
to debug.

(Save all your buffers before you start debugging this way.)