Re: Emacs cvs newbie problems

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Emacs cvs newbie problems
Date: Tue, 01 Oct 2002 02:17:45 -0400

       This could be a problem we have to fix, an inconsistency between Emacs
       and Texinfo.  Maybe Emacs should install into /usr/info if it has a
       dir file in it.

       Should Texinfo (and Emacs) install into /usr/share/info rather than
       /usr/info?

    It is a while ago that I installed texinfo-4.2, but if I remember well
    I might have overridden the place Texinfo got installed, which probably
    explain the inconsistency.  Hence, the inconsistency is probably not a
    problem with texinfo.

That is good news, but we still have the question of /usr/share/info
vs /usr/info.  Which is a better default?