Re: suggested new command `picture-mouse-set-point'

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: suggested new command `picture-mouse-set-point'
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 10:19:51 -0400

> > I don't understand: this problem is not specific to this
> > mouse-set-point-rigidly.  Normally it is solved in a generic way
> > by the window-manager by making sure that the click that changes
> > focus is not sent to the application.
> > Am I missing something ?
>
> If the window manager doesn't swallow the click then Emacs will get
> it.  Lots of window managers have this behaviour.

Which window-managers ?
I would consider it a bug.  Think of the case where your Galeon window
is a bit behind showing one large imagemap, how are you going to bring
it up and give it focus without selecting something in the imagemap ?

The only time when such clicks aren't swallowed in my experience is
when the window-manager uses focus-follows-point.

        Stefan