Re: TODO additions

From: Dave Love
Subject: Re: TODO additions
Date: 11 Nov 2002 20:19:21 +0000

>     cd lib-src; make all  \
>       CC='gcc' CFLAGS='-g -O2' CPPFLAGS='-D_BSD_SOURCE  ' \
>       LDFLAGS='-L/usr/X11R6/lib' MAKE='make'
>
> It should not be executing those commands at all.

??

> Where do they come from?

The first dependency of the target `all'.

The problem is that make decided to build Makefile from Makefile.c for
some reason.  I suspect this has something to do with NFS and system
times, but it isn't initially clear what, especially as it only
happens against my copy of source from the CVS HEAD.

[I don't need sysadmin advice on NFS, NTP et al if I need to diagnose
this.]