Re: make bootstrap fails with newest CVS sources - 2002-11-25

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: make bootstrap fails with newest CVS sources - 2002-11-25
Date: 29 Nov 2002 19:35:51 +0000

>     I would have thought it was obvious from the files that people have
>     reported they had success reverting that the following change is what
>     triggered the break in bootstrapping:
>
>           * faces.el (face-set-after-frame-default): Ignore errors
>           in face-spec-face-set.
>
>           * cus-face.el (custom-declare-face): Add face-defface-spec
>           prop after applying the face spec.
>
> I can't see anything in that change that might have caused either of
> these files to need cl, or need anything they did not need before.
> Can you?

I didn't look at the changes themselves in detail.  My thoughts were
based on a report that reverting faces.el and cus-face.el to the
previous version had made the problem go away. Maybe the person that
reported that had actually reverted more than just those two files,
so the report was bogus.

I don't see the report in the emacs-devel archives, so it probably
went to emacs-pretest-bug where Ben wouldn't have seen it.