Re: makeinfo-info.el - use Info-mode with makeinfo-buffer

From: David Masterson
Subject: Re: makeinfo-info.el - use Info-mode with makeinfo-buffer
Date: 04 Dec 2002 11:19:35 -0800

>> I think it would be nice to write a command in Emacs that would
>> simplify patches for easier viewing.  It could note lines that just
>> change in whitespace and remove them.

> Ediff has some functionality like this -- it `refines' thunks it
> gets from diff by doing its own diff algorithm at the character
> level, and can indicate via faces which parts of thunks are
> important.

> Perhaps the ediff code that does this can be stolen to provide a
> simple filter for patch files that could add face text properties as
> appropriate.

Doesn't the epatch part of ediff already take this into account by
allowing you to patch the file temporarily and then bring up ediff to
allow you to walk through and accept each of the diffs?  Plus, could
you use ediff-diff?-options to tell diff to ignore whitespace
differences (via '-w')?

--
David Masterson                David DOT Masterson AT synopsys DOT com
Sr. R&D Engineer               Synopsys, Inc.