Re: Bold by moving pixels problem

From: Robert J. Chassell
Subject: Re: Bold by moving pixels problem
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 16:38:57 +0000 (UTC)

Many thanks!

The second version of the patch that implements the `final face
realization filtering' function works fine.  I can finally read the
`m' in my *mail* buffer mode line!

I put the following in my .emacs file

      (defun unboldify-lface (lface)
        (aset lface 4 'normal))

      (setq realize-face-filter 'unboldify-lface)

      (clear-face-cache)

and all is well, as far as I have tested it.

My only issue is semantic:  I continue to have `bold' faces, but I
set `bold' to be a color, not a weight.  What it seems you are doing
is not so much `unboldifying' the face as removing a

    :weight bold

attribute.  Should we not call the defun  `face-normal-weight'?

      (defun face-normal-weight (lface)
        (aset lface 4 'normal))
      (setq realize-face-filter 'face-normal-weight)
      (clear-face-cache)

    http://www.teak.cc                             address@hidden