Re: |PATCH| describe-minor-mode and describe-minor-mode-from-indicator

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: |PATCH| describe-minor-mode and describe-minor-mode-from-indicator
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 04:59:25 -0500

    2' M-x describe-minor-mode-from-indicator
       uses completing-read to read indicator.

That fills the gap.  Thanks.

    3' Added popup menu for major mode. I introduced just another
       popup menu for major mode.

I see you added a menu for major modes and also did what I
suggested--to add a mouse command (which you put in the menu) to
describe a minor mode or a major mode.

What I was thinking of was to put the "describe" command on mouse-1 or
mouse-2 rather than to put it in the menu.

As for whether a major mode menu is useful, the question is, what
major modes would we put in it?  One obvious answer is "all of them",
but there are too many.