Re: scheme.el bug & fix

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: scheme.el bug & fix
Date: 17 Feb 2003 18:34:58 +0900

address@hidden (Kim F. Storm) writes:
> Maybe we should make a new macro with-copy-of-syntax-table which does
> copy the table, and change the original macro not to copy.

I think we should change the original macro not to copy, and indeed I
think that's certainly what most programmers would expect it to do.

Places that _want_ a copy could just use something like

  (with-syntax-table (copy-syntax-table ...) ...)

Which makes what's happening nice and explicit.

-Miles
--
Ich bin ein Virus. Mach' mit und kopiere mich in Deine .signature.