Re: cursor display bug caused by focus tracking change (21.2)

From: Jan D.
Subject: Re: cursor display bug caused by focus tracking change (21.2)
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 18:49:32 +0100

Richard Stallman wrote:
    To fix: restore the code in #if 0 in xterm.c:XTread_socket cases
    EnterNotify and LeaveNotify.

This would reintroduce the problem that I fixed.  I no longer remember
what it was, but we can hardly assume it is a more rare setup than
yours.

Some time ago I obtained a set of rules for the right way to do X
focus calculations.  But nobody was prepared to implement it.  Would
someone like to implement it now?

In CVS I implemented new focus rules in June. Those vere partly based on the ones you had, but they did not work well in the case where no window manager was running. So the rules used by xterm helped to complete the implementation.

I gather from the subject that this issue was found on 21.2. The new rules are not implemented in 21.2 or 21.3.

See thread starting at http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2002-06/msg00615.html

        Jan D.