Re: Showing end of buffer

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Showing end of buffer
Date: 21 Apr 2003 10:57:46 +0900

> What would people think of displaying a special kind of horizontal
> line reaching across the width of the window, to indicate the
> beginning and end of the buffer?

I think a line across the whole window sounds way too heavyweight --
while it's nice to see quickly if I'm at the beginning/end of a file, I
don't want my eye constantly drawn to the associated marker (which is
especially likely for the end, where it usually wouldn't be on the edge
of the window, and so would be more prominent).  Perhaps a marker in in
the fringe(s) would be good though.

In the fringe, the marker could some sort of icon for the first and
last lines, instead of a line before/after them; then it could be big
enough to allow some freedom in design.

-Miles
--
A zen-buddhist walked into a pizza shop and
said, "Make me one with everything."