persistent file history

From: Miles Bader
Subject: persistent file history
Date: 08 May 2003 11:50:09 +0900

I have the following entry in my `recentf-mode-hook':

   (lambda ()
     (dolist (f (reverse recentf-list))
       (add-to-list 'file-name-history f)))

So if recentf-mode is turned on, the history for find-file persists
across emacs sessions; I find this _very_ useful.

Does this seem like a good idea to add as default behavior somehow?

[Perhaps it would be better to (1) just append recentf-list to the _end_
of file-name-history, and (2) keep track of whether this has been done
before, and not do it more than once; then this should work properly
if recentf-mode is turned on in the middle of a session.]

-Miles
--
[|nurgle|]  ddt- demonic? so quake will have an evil kinda setting? one that
            will  make every christian in the world foamm at the mouth?