Re: [Q] GNu Emacs/MacOS X/Font Encoding

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: [Q] GNu Emacs/MacOS X/Font Encoding
Date: Fri, 09 May 2003 13:07:59 -0400

    | Most people in the latin-1 world use Emacs in multibyte mode
    | with great success, including using LaTeX.  So you'll need
    | to show a step by step situation where Emacs fails to do what
    | it should.  And then we'll either fix the problem or tell
    | you where you did something wrong.

    posting to Newsgroups from Gnus.

It ought to work, but there could be a bug.  If you send a *precise
test case* we may be able to fix it.

Stephan wrote

    As Andrew says, this has nothing to do with emacs-devel and should
    be on gnu.emacs.help instead.

but that is not necessarily true..  This MIGHT be a real bug.  If it
is, discussing it with us is appropriate.  However, I think the Gnus
developers will have to be the first ones to work on it.

But nobody can debug it without a precise test case.  So please read
the Bugs section in the Emacs manual, and write a report following
those guidelines.  Then we could really fix something.