Re: MML charset tag regression

From: Jan D.
Subject: Re: MML charset tag regression
Date: Sat, 24 May 2003 01:41:10 +0200

lördagen den 24 maj 2003 kl 00.48 skrev Richard Stallman:

Okay, that explains it. But playing the devils advocate a bit, does
    this
    not simply point out a problem with Emacs, not GTK?

It would not be a "problem" if GTK handed this better.

There is a bug in GTK if it sends ? for unsupported characters,
that should be fixed IMHO.

But it is unfair to say that not being based on Unicode is a
"problem".

If I start a GTK application in a directory with a name in a non-Unicode
charset and then bring up the GTK file selection widget, the application
will crash.  GTK considers this an error by the user for not having file
and directory names in Unicode.  I think this situation is similar.

        Jan D.