Re: Divergence in menu appearance between Emacs Info and standalone Info

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Divergence in menu appearance between Emacs Info and standalone Info
Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2003 12:50:22 +0300

> Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2003 19:56:40 -0400 (EDT)
> From: "Robert J. Chassell" <address@hidden>
>
> I fear the Web browser mindset, which is to accept an inefficient
> and obsolete tool as if it were modern.

So let's make Info documents look and feel modern, like HTML does,
without losing any of the wonderful features HTML lacks.

With that attitude in mind, I don't see how hiding node names could be
a step in the wrong direction.  Granted, it should be possible to
reveal the node names, but I don't think it means we should show them
unconditionally as part of the displayed text.