Re: Suggestion: Make snapshots of Emacs available

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Suggestion: Make snapshots of Emacs available
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2003 14:26:44 -0400

    I realise that RedHat may have more bandwidth resources that the FSF and
that
    its probably most efficient to use CVS directly. However, one advantage of
    doing this would be that a copy of what's in the CVS repository becomes
    available to Emacs users who are behind company firewalls.

If someone wants to do it, I don't mind.  I don't have any time
to spend thinking about it.

       I therefore suggest that a daily, weekly or monthly snapshot of
       Emacs be put on ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/emacs

    alpha.gnu.org is a better place since these are not stable releases.

That's correct.