Re: Who's maintaining the Win32 display code?

From: David Abrahams
Subject: Re: Who's maintaining the Win32 display code?
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 23:04:48 -0400

Tak,

Thanks for responding.

Tak Ota <address@hidden> writes:

> I've been using emacs on w32 platform everyday for years.  I rebuild
> from the head of CVS at least once a week.  I'm sorry but I have never
> seen the crash you have been reporting.

Don't be sorry; be thankful!

> I use BDF font too.

FWIW, I don't even know what "BDF font" is.

> Does it crash even when started with -q --no-site-file options?

I don't know, because I probably couldn't use emacs effectively for
long enough with those options to reproduce the problem.  It happens
about once a day.

> Can't you narrow the case so that someone else can reproduce the
> crash?

It crashes seemingly at random; usually when I'm typing, but almost
always in the same place.  I've done everything I know how to,
including undocumented things like recompiling emacs with GLYPH_DEBUG
and no optimization, and starting emacs under the visual studio
debugger.  I'm at a loss.  None of my other regular programs are
crashing, but then I don't use anything except possibly IE as much as
I use emacs.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting