Info menus on text-mode terminals

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Info menus on text-mode terminals
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2003 13:02:07 +0200

Did someone look lately at how we display Info menus on text-mode
terminals?  For example, type "C-h i d m elisp RET".

I think this is ugly, especially the way the long descriptions are
wrapped.  Here's one example, indented by my by 4 characters (I also
capitalized the menu entry name, since in Emacs it stands out in
color):

    * SEQUENCES ARRAYS Vectors Lists, strings and vectors are called sequences.
     Certain functions act on any kind of sequence.
     The description of vectors is here as well.

Is it possible to do better than that?  Any hope of aligning the
descriptive text on some column that is farther to the right, like
this: