Re: C-z (Re: Two GTK related feature requests)

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: C-z (Re: Two GTK related feature requests)
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 23:19:19 -0500

    Maybe we should just bite the bullet and get rid of the current C-z
    binding on both ttys _and_ in X.

We could do that if users, even beginning users, would prefer it.  I
always use C-z to suspend Emacs, but I could rebind it myself or learn
to use C-x C-z.  However, we would need to take a poll to find out
whether a substantial fraction of users would be unhappy with this
change.  We can't judge anything from the opinions of the developers
on this list.

The same applies to the idea of removing the C-z binding only under X.

Does anyone want to take a poll?  If so, please send me email.