Re: Cannot connect to X server

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Cannot connect to X server
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 09:47:10 -0500

    As a quick and dirty hack, we've blocked SIGALRM just around the call to
    XOpenDisplay and XtOpenDisplay and the problem went away. We didnt log a
    call to IBM, though.

Why don't the calls to turn_on_atimers do this job?

    turn_on_atimers (0);
    dpy = XtOpenDisplay (Xt_app_con, SDATA (display_name),
                         resource_name, EMACS_CLASS,
                         emacs_options, XtNumber (emacs_options),
                         &argc, argv);
    turn_on_atimers (1);

Are those calls present in your version?