Re: Files in wrong subdirs of emacs/lisp?

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: Files in wrong subdirs of emacs/lisp?
Date: 21 Dec 2003 02:57:14 +0100

Kai Grossjohann <address@hidden> writes:

> > Perhaps one or more of these features should be separated from CUA mode
> > and installed as a separate feature.
>
> AFAIK (I can't check now for lack of access to the CVS tree) the
> features are already separated in the implementation; they only have
> CUA in the name and maybe they are not documented separately.

The global mark and rectangle functionality has been split into
separate files, but they are still tied into CUA mode, as they
hook quite deep into the basic CUA cut and paste functionality.

I think it will be possible to split them off entirely from CUA, but
it will be a little tricky (and not very elegant).  However, since CUA
is now installed with emacs, it might be acceptable to make hooks for
cua in some of the basic emacs functions -- meaning that cua doesn't
need to be as "clever" as it is now.

Since I haven't had a personal need to do this, I have prioritized
other tasks over this.