Re: Drag and drop patch for X, please review.

From: Jan D.
Subject: Re: Drag and drop patch for X, please review.
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2004 22:09:44 +0100

"Jan D." <address@hidden> writes:

You could call browse-url on them.  My browse-url handles the mailto:
protocol within Emacs.

I will do that, it is probably the best thing to do.

I don't think so.

If I want to open the URL in a browser, I will drag it into my browser.

For emacs, I would prefer if it just inserts the URL in the buffer.

Or at least that I can choose that behaviour over browse-url with a
user option.

The idea was to automatically get any customizations that may have been
done on protocols such as news: and mail:.  I realize that dropping
something on Emacs and then get Mozilla to open up may be a bit
confusing :-).
But I guess we can do as David suggested, try all the handlers manually
first.

        Jan D.