Re: Add M-x occur to the menu-bar

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: Add M-x occur to the menu-bar
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2004 12:30:17 -0500

On Tue, 02 Mar 2004, address@hidden wrote:

>       An Occur buffer will be picked if next-error is run inside the
>     Occur buffer; if next-error-last-buffer is set to the Occur
>     buffer (so a grep or a compile has not been run meanwhile);
>
> I think that will do the right thing in simple cases.
>
>        or if an Occur buffer
>     is the first usable buffer found in the buffer list.
>
> Perhaps this will work well, but we should keep our eyes open
> for cases where users don't like it.

Of course.  I'm willing to be the designated maintainer of the
next-error framework, in charge of extending it to other packages and
verifying user satisfaction by tracking bug reports and
newsgroups/mailing lists.

If there are no other objections to the next-error patch, can it go
into CVS so we can see if users like it?  emacs-devel seems to be down
so I've cc-ed Kim Storm for help.

Ted