Re: smtpmail.el and 1msg

From: Simon Josefsson
Subject: Re: smtpmail.el and 1msg
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 19:52:34 +0100

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

>> Thanks!  I believe this also explains a few bug reports I've got, with
>> the exact same symptoms as the ones you describe.
>
> While I think it's good to add support for 1msg, I also think it would be
> worthwhile to fix the spinning problem.  After all, if the other end closes
> the connection, we should detect it.  Do we?  If `no' why not and if `yes'
> why does it spin?

Detecting closed connections, during the spin loop, was the intention
of my patch.  They weren't detected before. What do you think?

OLD:

      (while (not (search-forward "\r\n" nil t))
        (accept-process-output process)
        (goto-char smtpmail-read-point))

NEW:

        (while (not (search-forward "\r\n" nil t))
          (unless (memq (process-status process) '(open run))
            (throw 'done nil))