Re: Should we move 20.x related stuff out of NEWS ?

From: Adrian Aichner
Subject: Re: Should we move 20.x related stuff out of NEWS ?
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2004 19:10:21 +0200

Alan Mackenzie <address@hidden> writes:

> There's nothing like Isearch for several buffers.  It'd be nice to be
> able to C-s across several buffers, <del> back again, extend the search
> string by typing in more characters, edit it with M-e, in some fashion.
> I'll admit, I haven't looked very hard for it, but it's not in Emacs
> itself.

Hi Alan, XEmacs has
 list-matches-in-buffers
in search=buffers.el, which is part of the edit-utils package.

Emacs has simpilar extentions I seem to recall reading about in the
emacswiki.

Heck, the emacswiki isn't that far away, so here is the reference:
http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl/SearchBuffers

In general I have to agree though, that novices should be given too
much rather than too little information to start with.

Experts can easily write something up to not see all the old NEWS.

--
Adrian Aichner
 mailto:address@hidden