Re: read-only comint-prompt

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: read-only comint-prompt
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 09:42:58 +0200

On Mon, 26 Apr 2004 19:11:40 -0500 (CDT)
Luc Teirlinck <address@hidden> wrote:

> I recently implemented changes to the ielm read-only prompt.  An
> obvious question is: what is so special about the _ielm_ prompt vs
> other comint prompts?

Nothing, probably.

> Making the comint prompt _optionally_ read-only
> (not by default) has been discussed before, quite a while ago, but
> apparently nothing has been done.

That's right.  Originally I did the IELM prompt read-only in the way it
was because someone (Stefan or Miles, ISTR) said exactly that: it was
something that should be generalized.  The issue has been sleeping until
someone has deemed it important enough to fix it. That's you :)

                                                                Juanma