RE: describe-mode's treatment of minor-modes is annoying

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: describe-mode's treatment of minor-modes is annoying
Date: Wed, 5 May 2004 13:32:41 -0700

Yes, I checked it in vanilla (GNU) Emacs 20.7 (emacs -q).

       The major mode is described first.
       For minor modes, see following pages.

    So users knew the minor mode info was there, and they saw the major mode
    info first.

> If you've checked this, you're surely correct.  But I remember that the
> minor mode info was not very visible, and not easy to use.  That was
> the reason for the change.

I too think the minor (and major!) mode info was not very visible - because
everything was visible together, separated only by ^L. And not very easy to
use, because users needed to know about C-].

Even a horizontal bar (a la <HR> in HTML) would be a better separator
visually than ^L.

 - Drew