Re: Fix to long-standing crashes in GC

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Fix to long-standing crashes in GC
Date: 13 May 2004 15:19:26 -0400

> interested, but I have not been able produce a test case. To me it looks as
> if GC is involved, but I am unexperienced with gdb. When Kim told he had

When the GC seems to be involved what it typically means that there's
a memory corruption somewhere.  The only reason why the GC gets involved is
because the GC traverses all your memory, so it basically does (as a side
effect) some kind of sanity check, so memory corruption is usually detected
during GC.  GC bugs exist as well, of course, but they're pretty rare (or
rather they tend to manifest pretty often, so they get fixed fairly quikly).

        Stefan