Re: Alt key unavailable in GTK

From: Milan Zamazal
Subject: Re: Alt key unavailable in GTK
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 15:13:53 +0200

    JD> Mozilla is not a GTK application in that sense.  And how do you
    JD> test this?  Neither Mozilla or gnome-terminal does something
    JD> with Alt or Meta by default.

They do -- Alt is used to access menus or some commands.

But you pointed me to the right direction.  The problem was in running
Emacs from a gnome-terminal, when I have the Alt/Meta keys swapped.
Sometimes, Emacs got the modifiers of the swapped keyboard before it was
disabled by the window manager.  And since Emacs never forgets key
modifier settings, both Meta and Alt modifier was assigned to the keys
as a result.  Sigh.

I am sorry.

Regards,

Milan Zamazal

--
"Having GNU Emacs is like having a dragon's cave of treasures."
                                                Robert J. Chassell