Re: Repeating tag searches does no longer work.

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Repeating tag searches does no longer work.
Date: 01 Aug 2004 08:56:07 +0200

[This started with a bug report of me on the bug list]

>     M-. RET M-, on some suitable tag word will just barf.  See input and
>     messages below:
>
> I don't think this is a bug.  M-, is meant to repeat a tags-search or
> tags-query-replace command.  It does not work with M-.

Uh, yes.  It is C-u M-. that repeats M-.  Sorry for the false alarm.
Would there be drawbacks if M-, also did it?  Is an interleaving of
M-. and M-, (in its current meaning) likely, so that it would make
sense to keep the current separation?  I think it is not the first
time that I confused this, and the similarity of the keybindings does
suggest some connection.

I am copying this to emacs-devel in case someone wants to comment on it.